The City of Owensboro recently sent out tax notices. Tax bills can be paid by check, cash or credit card. All payments are due by November 1st. Late fee and interest are added if not paid by December 1, 2014. Due to the Thanksgiving holiday observation, payments in person or over the phone must be made by 5:00 p.m. on November 26.
Please see below for payment locations and accepted methods of payment:
– Pay by credit card (Visa, Master or Discover):
- by filling out and returning the required information on the back of your tax bill;
- by calling the Tax Department Office at 270-687-8537;
– Pay by check:
- Make check payable to:
City of Owensboro, Kentucky, P.O. Box 638, Owensboro, Kentucky 42302
- Checks mailed must be postmarked no later than November 30;
- Checks can be delivered in person by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 26th;
- Checks can be left in the nightly depository box (payments must be deposited prior to 8:00 a.m. on December 1).
For more information about your taxes, please call the City of Owensboro Tax Department at 270-687-8537.