Owensboro Catholic High School’s Sophomore class is hosting a community service project.
In response to the recent flooding in Louisiana, the class of 2019 partnered with St. Alphonsus, a K-8 Catholic school in Baton Rouge that sustained much damage from the flooding. The school and parish received over a foot of water in many places, and many of the families have been displaced because they did not have flood insurance since they were NOT in a flood zone.
After speaking with St. Alphonsus staff, the sophomore class is asking for help in collecting supplies, specifically K-8 appropriate books (classroom libraries and the school library were total losses), art supplies, and gift cards that will be given out to the families. The school has requested that only these items be donated as many families do not have a place to store items as they rebuild.
Donations will be accepted until October 7. Items will be shipped over Fall Break.
- Books (PreK-8)
- Art supplies (Markers, paints, paint brushes, glue, scissors, construction paper, crayons, colored pencils)
- Gift cards (All of the gift cards can be purchased in the SCRIP office)
- Restaurants: Olive Garden, Papa John’s, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Subway, Chili’s, Cracker Barrel, Domino’s, Logan’s McDonald’s
- Stores: Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Gap/Old Navy, Gymboree, Office Depot, Payless Shoes, PetSmart, Shoe Carnival, Target, Children’s Place, Walmart/Sams, Academy Sports, Bass Pro Shops, Cabela’s, Dilliards, JCPenney, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Best Buy, Shell, Home Depot, Lowes
- Pharmacies: CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens
Drop points are:
- OCS Central Office (1524 W. Parrish Ave – Bottom level of Catholic High)
- Immaculate Parish Office (2516 Christie Place)
- Independence Bank (main branch, 2425 Frederica)
All help is greatly appreciated!