Several of our readers have been asking what night the City of Owensboro is designating for trick-or-treating since Halloween falls on a Monday night this year.
Mayor Ron Payne’s office told Owensboro Living that trick-or-treating will officially be held Monday, October 31, 2016.
The City offers these Halloween trick-or-treating safety tips, provided by Major Gordon Black with Owensboro Police Department:
- Be sure your costume does not obstruct your vision
- Trick-or-treat with an adult
- Wear reflective clothing
- Adults should carry a flashlight and cell phone
- Remain in areas that are known to you
- Cross streets and driveways with caution
- Do NOT enter anybody’s home
- Allow parents to check the safety of the candy BEFORE eating it