Construction has begun on the new Meijer being built in front of Menards on 54.
Meijer is a family-owned and privately-held company committed to meeting the needs of families in the communities of each of its 219 stores throughout Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin. With the help of Meijer team members and customers, Meijer is able to make the community a better place to live, work and play.
According to a new store fact sheet provided by Meijer, stores typically offer:
- More than 100,000 different products available at affordable prices
- 600+ types of high quality fresh produce
- A true marketplace feel, providing fresh produce delivered daily, bakery items, such as bread and custom decorated cakes made throughout the day, and a full-service deli
- A traditional butcher shop environment, complete with certified meat cutters and full-service meat counters with custom-cuts of Certified Angus Beef
- Full-service pharmacies, free prescription programs, clinical services and immunizations
- An expansive Garden Center and fresh floral arrangements
- Many Meijer stores offer a gas station and convenience store
Meijer employs more than 270 full- and part- time team members at each store, which is great news for Owensboro. They also have a long-standing commitment to supporting local growers and buying local when available and when the quality meets Meijer high standards.
For more info about the store, visit www.meijer.com.
Stay tuned to OwensboroLiving.com for updates.