The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden, in collaboration with presenting sponsor US Bank Home Mortgage, is preparing for the re-scheduled “Balloons Over The Garden” this weekend.
The “Balloons Over The Garden” event was supposed to be a part of the 6th Annual “Dazzling Daylilies Festival”, but had to be rescheduled for unfavorable weather conditions. The re-scheduled event is set for Friday, August 28th through Sunday, August 30th at The Western Kentucky Botanical Garden located at 25 Carter Road.
Admission to all Balloon Activity Days (August 28th, 29th, & 30th) is $2.00 daily. Children under 2 are free.
Full balloon rides are available by reservation Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening, and Sunday morning by calling the Balloon Line ‐ (270) 993‐1234.
Saturday’s theme is “Balloons, Barbecue, and Bluegrass” with tethered rides morning and evening on first come – first served basis. Other activities Saturday include:
- 6:30-9:30AM – Tethered rides ($10. First come, first served basis)
- 9:00AM – Daviess County Bicentennial Tethered Flight
- 4:00–6:00PM – Children’s Activities
- 4:00–9:00PM – Food Court, Cold Air Walk in Balloon, and Music by J & B Sound & Light
- 5:00–8:00PM – VIP Patio Party
- 6:00-8:30PM – Tethered Rides ($10. First come, first served basis), Inflatable Fun, Balloon GLOW, and US Bank Home Mortgage Lantern Release
*Some Activities May Be Cancelled If Weather Doesn’t Cooperate