Widespread tree damage caused by recent local storms has resulted in higher-than-normal amounts of yard waste being placed at the curb for collection by city crews.
The addition of two heavy-lift crews and an additional chipper crew has been added to address this challenge. Normal yard waste collection has been delayed. Crews will continue to work in an area until collections have been completed. Daily updates will be provided from the sanitation manager.
The normal six-inch diameter residential restriction to limbs/logs has been waived to assist city residents with the removal of the large amount of damaged limbs. Commercial, industrial, or contractor cut restrictions remain.
Please use the following guidelines:
- Please do not block the yard waste piles with cars.
- Do not mix trash or construction/demolition materials with the piles.
- All limbs intended for collection must be brought to within six feet of the curb.
- No dirt and/or root balls.
- No contractor yard-waste cuttings will be collected.
For more information, contact City Action at 270-687-4444 or the Sanitation Department at 270-687-8760.