Northwest Kentucky Fellowship of Christian Athletes will have lots to celebrate at their annual fundraising banquet on Thursday, May 5, 2016, from 6-7:30 p.m. at Kentucky Wesleyan College in the Woodward Health and Recreation Center.
“Since our last banquet, God has opened doors that only He could open,” says director, Shawn Tomes. “Northwest KY FCA has grown tremendously within the ten counties of our region.”
Just to give you a glimpse:
- Five new elementary schools now have campus “huddles” this school year
- Ohio County went from not having FCA in any capacity to having two FCA Leadership Board Representatives, new campus huddles at every elementary school, middle and high school with over a thousand students combined in attendance each week, and multiple character coaches placed with boys and girls sports teams
- Increased ministry staff
- Newly formed FCA Women’s Ministry
- Growth in Ministry Partners and volunteers, including Wover 50 new ministry volunteers in the form of board members, character coaches, huddle leaders, and event volunteers
- A communications intern who has coordinated social media ministry and communication via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and a new website to serve our entire 10 county area
Tomes says the 2016 banquet will be a time to hear about what God has done and “pursue more ministry partners in our efforts to continue to grow and step through new open doors.” Area coaches, athletes and local volunteers will share about the ministry of FCA to middle school and high school students.
“We have committed since day one to serve, love, and relate,” Tomes continued, still smiling. “God has blessed our servant leadership and obedience to build a ministry framework that will serve, love, and relate to students, athletes, and coaches in the years to come.”
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. to allow time to view silent auction items.
Dinner (provided by Ole South Barbecue) will begin at 6 p.m.
Heath Eslinger, wrestling coach for UT-Chatanooga, will be the guest speaker this year.
Price is $25 a person or $200 to sponsor a table.
Title, Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorships are also available.
Remaining tickets will be available at the door.