Here are some highlights from The Daviess County Lions Club Fair schedule of events this weekend:
Browse 4H, FFA, and crop exhibits. Enjoy food booths, carnival rides, vendors, exhibitors, tractor & equipment displays, and much more family fun…
Friday, July 24
- Bear Hollow Wood Carvers – 6 PM & 8 PM (auction during intermission)
- 4H Rabbit Show – 6:30 in the Tom Curtsinger Building, followed by the 4H Poultry Show
- The Open Youth Lamb and Goat Show – 7:00 in the Tom Curtsinger Building
- Coca-Cola Classic Talent Show – 7PM; Bittel Hall. (Thirty acts, ages 5-21, compete for cash prizes in each age group for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places. Top three winners ages 13 and up will go to compete at the Kentucky State Fair in August.)
- Battle of the Bluegrass Tractor Pull – 7 PM; Miles Arena
Saturday, July 25
- Kids’ Pedal Tractor Pull (Free event for kids 3-12) – Registration 5 PM, Pull at 6 PM; Gazebo
- Bear Hollow Wood Carvers – 6 PM & 8 PM (Auction during intermission)
- Battle of the Bluegrass Tractor Pull – 7 PM; Miles Arena (Saturday night’s tractor pull will be filmed for NBC Sports.)
Admission is only $12 for ages 12 and up, 5-12 is $10, and 4 and under FREE !!! Paid admission includes all carnival rides, pony rides, laser tag and “Jurassic Kingdom” attraction.
The Fairgrounds are located off Highway 54 in Philpot, Kentucky. The entrance is located approximately six miles outside the Owensboro city limits. If you are approaching from Owensboro, the entrance will be on the left side of the road.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Lions Club Fair at (270) 297-9519.