Photo by Jamie Alexander
FOR THE CRUST:
1 1/4 cups pretzels (finely crushed)
3 tbsp powdered sugar
2 tbsp flour
6 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
1 large egg yolk
FOR THE FILLING:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup Milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp unsalted butter (room temp, diced)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients for crust until combined.
3. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch tart shell. Bake for 5 min then remove from oven to cool while making filling.
1. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add sugar and stir until melted – take off heat as soon as sugar is melted.
2. Working quickly, pour in condensed milk and cream, whisking as you go. Once incorporated, add peanut butter and salt – stir until smooth. Bake for 10 min or until surface starts to get wrinkly “skin” on it. Remove from oven and cool for 20min (can quicken this by freezing)
1. Place all chocolate in a heat-proof bowl.
2. Warm cream in small saucepan over medium-low heat until it begins to bubble around the edges (do not boil). Pour over chocolate chips and let sit for 30 seconds.
3. Whisk the cream and chocolate together gently, until combined and shiny. Add diced butter pieces one at a time, whisking until incorporated (you don’t want to risk breaking the ganache).
4. Pour ganache over the top of the tart, spreading it into an even layer. Tap the pan a few times on teh counter to remove bubbles – top with flakey salt if desired.
5. Refrigerate tart until ganache is set – at least 2 hours or overnight. Keep chilled – bring to room temp no more than 30min prior to serving. Will keep in fridge 1 week.