At the 2017 Chamber Celebration last night with more than 600 business members, leaders, and guests, the Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce recognized six local businesses as the 2017 Businesses of the Year.
The winning businesses were among 47 nominees vying for the honors. Those earning the honors include:
· Emerging Business of the Year – Dalishas Desserts
· Business of the Year 1-10 Employees – Blossoms Apparel & Gifts
· Business of the Year 11-50 Employees – Keller Williams – Kelly Anne Harris Team
· Business of the Year Over 50 Employees – Independence Bank
· Non-Profit of the Year – Boulware Mission
· Education and Workforce Development Program of the Year – Owensboro Community & Technical College GO-FAME and GO-CAREERS
Other award winners of the night included:
· 2016 Chamber Director of the Year – Adam Hancock, Riney Hancock CPAs PSC
· 2016 Chamber Ambassador of the Year – Kevin Gibson, South Central Bank
· 2016 Chamber Young Professional of the Year – Dave Kirk, Owensboro Public Schools
· 2016 Leadership Owensboro Class Member of the Year – Chris Arnold, Shelby’s Wheel and Tire
· 2016 Chamber Member of the Year – Natasha Stanley, Bella Ragazza Boutique
The Business Celebration also included addresses from the presenting sponsor, Owensboro Health, as well as the chamber’s outgoing Board Chair Adam Hancock and 2017 Board Chair Wade Jenkins of Old National Bank.
“Our awards program is an opportunity to celebrate our members who make the best of the Owensboro business community. The level of excellence displayed throughout the lists of nominees is remarkable. It is yet another example of how Owensboro truly is a shining community. Our Chamber staff is honored to be able to serve our members and to be a small part of their journeys,” said Candance Castlen Brake, Chamber President and CEO.
The Greater Owensboro Chamber of Commerce is a nearly 1000-membership organization founded in 1913 with the purpose of connecting businesses and fostering economic growth in Owensboro and Daviess County.