As temperatures dip into single digits this week, it is important to remember these cold weather safety tips:
- Insulate exposed pipes and allow at least one faucet to drip a little to avoid freezing. Even a trickle of water helps prevent peoples from freezing.
- Keep heating devices away from flammable materials and never leave unattended.
Yourself & Others
- Dress accordingly and keep warm with plenty of clothing layers, gloves, hats, scarves, and blankets.
- Remember to check on those whom are elderly, disabled and young.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55*F.
- Bring pets/animals inside during cold weather.
- If unable to bring them inside, move animals to sheltered area with non-frozen drinking water.