With the start of Holiday World’s new season on Saturday, park guests will recognize both “something old” and “something new” during their visit.
“With last year’s addition of Thunderbird, the nation’s only launched wing coaster, we took a huge leap forward,” says park president, Matt Eckert. “This year, we want to take time to celebrate our history as well, by displaying our first ride and enhancing one of our classic wooden coasters.”
Here is a list of “what’s new” for this season:
- New 70th Birthday Plaza, to showcase the park’s seven decades with nostalgic photos, maps, and brochures
- The return of the park’s first ride, The Freedom Train, on display in the 70th Birthday Plaza
- A huge Memories Mosaic, with 7,000 crowdsourced photos taken at the park during its 70 years
- Continuing the park’s birthday theme, new menu items: Birthday Cake Fudge, Birthday Sundae,
- Birthday Confetti Cake Flurry, and Birthday Cake Ice Cream Dip
- The Legend “reborn,” with more than $2 million in track improvements to the wooden roller coaster, plus the addition of a new “double-down” feature to further enhance the ride experience (opening May 7)
- In Splashin’ Safari, the water park’s filters now utilize sand featuring an anti-microbial coating; this is the nation’s first large-scale rollout of Mystic Blue Sand (Splashin’ Safari opens May 12)
- New boats for Mammoth water coaster, with added legroom
- Dole Whip soft serve and floats add a new gluten-free, non-dairy, fat-free treat
- The park’s free sunscreen will now be 40 SPF protection, with aloe
- The park’s free soft drinks selection will include Big Red, in addition to Pepsi products, Gatorade, pink lemonade, iced tea, coffee and water
- New Peanut Butter Burgers plus Kettle Corn and more gluten-free desserts
- Holiday World Podcast, with biweekly news and musings from two fourth-generation owners, the park’s president, plus guests
- Holiday World begins its 70th season on April 23; Splashin’ Safari’s opening day is May 12.
For more information, visit HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-463-2645.