Owensboro Health will host the final “Harvest Market” of 2014 today at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital.
The Harvest Market has been a joint venture between Owensboro Health and the Owensboro Regional Farmers’ Market, hosted on the Pleasant Valley Campus every Tuesday June 3 through September 2 from 1:30 – 5:00 p.m. The final Harvest Market of the summer will take place today, celebrating the end of summer with a “Food and Art Extravaganza” theme.
“The arts and music are not always thought of as contributing to health and wellness of a community, but they are such a vital part of it,” said Debbie Johnson, manager of community outreach. “It’s a complete state of physical, mental and social well-being. Music and art have such a role in that.”
Today’s Harvest Market event will feature the following:
- Copies of an art catalog of all artwork on display at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
- Gourd Art Display by Vicki Hast
- Daviess County Barn Quilt Trail Committee – Examples of barn quilts on display throughout Daviess County
- Community Painting – The Owensboro Museum of Fine Art will offer an opportunity for participants to paint on canvas to contribute to a piece of art with an autumn harvest theme
- Fall gardening/planting with the University of Kentucky Extension Office
- Bluegrass and Strings – Randy Lanham, featuring Kentucky Wesleyan College Music Professor Diane Earle
- Cancer Free Kentucky Families presence
- Fall recipes
- Pumpkin toss (similar to ring toss) for children
- Session aimed at getting active for 30 minutes a day, plus an informational handout
- Ways to incorporate five servings of fruits and vegetables into your day, plus an informational handout
- Health food offerings/samples
- Pumpkin cookies by Morrison’s Healthpark Chef James Thompson
- “Name that Squash” game and/or “Name that Gourd” game by Beth Cecil
- Squash and root vegetable tastings by Morrison’s Owensboro Health Regional Hospital Chef Josh Lashlee
- 2 and 3 p.m. – Cake decorating with Morrison’s Chef Josh Lashlee and team
- 1:45, 2:45, 3:45, 4:45 p.m. – Flower arranging demo from Petal and Pine
For more information, visit www.OwensboroHealth.org/HarvestMarket.