Holiday World’s four holiday-themed sections will merge into a single theme starting this weekend, as the park opens its Happy Halloween Weekends on September 24.
“Holiday World is all about family fun and making memories – even during the Halloween season,” says park president Matt Eckert. “We’re not about horror – the only screams will be on our roller coasters! Starting this weekend, we’ll have hayrides, corn mazes, Halloween-themed shows and attractions, special activities for children, and more.”
In addition to Holiday World’s rides and roller coasters, the park will include:
- Lights Out! musical show, with slightly spooky characters singing and dancing
- Halloween Magic Show with Don Baggett
- Holidog’s 3D Halloween Adventure – a non-haunted house with colorful 3D features
- Carnival Chaos walk-through maze with mirrors, clowns, and side-show startles
- 12-acre corn maze – hayrides to a huge corn maze (plus a junior maze for smaller children)
- Kitty Claws Dance Party and Trick or Treating
- Mummy’s Treasure Maze
- Gourdon the talking pumpkin
- Special fall menus, with pumpkin spice funnel cakes, “BOOmin’ onions,” make your own s’mores and more
Visitors to the park are welcome to wear their family-friendly Halloween costumes (no masks, please).
For more information about Happy Halloween Weekends, visit HolidayWorld.com/Halloween or call 1-800-467-2682.
Read Owensboro Living’s look back at 2015 Halloween Weekends here.